The New Smyrna Beach Police Department on Monday arrested three juveniles in connection to a shooting that took place that day. Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident. A call was placed to the NSBPD on Monday at around 9:37 a.m. reporting that shots had been fired near the 600 block of South Myrtle Avenue. Officers arrived at the Newport Sound Apartment Complex and found that no one had been hit and no one was injured. An early investigation into the shooting revealed that, according to the NSBPD, there had been a dispute between two juveniles. They each knew each other prior to the shooting, police say. One of them is said to have pulled out a gun inside an apartment. One of the juveniles is said to have left the scene and went back to his home on South Myrtle Avenue. The suspect is then said to have driven to this residence and fired several times toward the victim, who was sitting inside their vehicle at the time. The vehicle was hit by one round, but no people were. At this point the suspect is said to have run away on foot. A perimeter was established around the area and the NSBPD deployed a drone and K-9 units. Shell casings were recovered for evidence and a crime scene was established. Eventually, officers were able to find a vehicle at the Newport Sound Apartment Complex which was believed to be associated with the suspect. Both he and two females were found inside, and all three were placed under arrest. The male juvenile was charged with attempted murder, discharging a firearm in public or on residential property, violation of probation, and possession of a firearm by a person under 18. The two female juveniles were charged with principals in the first degree. The New Smyrna Beach Police Department has said there is no longer any danger to the public.
3 Juveniles Arrested for New Smyrna Beach Shooting
Feb 18, 2026 | 11:54 AM



