Detailed driver notes and statistics to help set your fantasy racing lineup for Sunday’s Can-Am 500 at ISM Raceway.
Who’s HOT at ISM Raceway
- Kevin Harvick has won seven of the last 12 races and has a 3.1 average finish in that span. He will have Tony Gibson for his interim crew chief after the No. 4 team as penalized this week.
- Kyle Busch, who led 128 laps en route to a second-place finish in the spring, has finished seventh or better in his last six starts.
- Denny Hamlin, who led 193 laps in this event last fall, has finished in the top 10 in five of his last six starts.
- Chase Elliott, who combined to lead 140 laps in the two races last year, has posted a 6.8 average finish in his five starts.
- Martin Truex Jr., who won the pole in the spring, has finished in the top five in his last two starts.
- Erik Jones has finished ninth or better (7.0 average finish) in his three starts.
Keep an Eye On at ISM Raceway
- Kyle Larson, who had an engine failure last fall, has started in the top seven in the last six races at ISM with two top five finishes. He led 54 laps in the spring before a spin and ranks second in stage points earned at ISM.
- Joey Logano has finished in the top 10 in six of the last 10 races, including a win in the 2016 fall race. He finished 12th in this event last year. Logano has also led 411 laps in the last five races this season at tracks exactly 1-mile in length or shorter.
- Kurt Busch finished 10th in the spring for his sixth top 10 in nine ISM starts with Stewart-Haas Racing.
- Aric Almirola has recorded top 10s in his last two starts at ISM.
- Brad Keselowski has finished in the top 10 in five of his last nine starts at ISM. KeselowskiÂ has also led 224 laps in the last five races this season at tracks exactly 1-mile in length or shorter.
- Alex Bowman has posted a 9.5 average finish in his two starts in the No. 88 Chevrolet at ISM, including leading 194 laps in this event in 2016 when he subbed for Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Clint Bowyer has finished in the top 10 in seven of the 10 races this season at tracks 1.058-miles or less in length. Jimmie Johnson has finished in the top 15 in nine of those races, including six top 10s.
- Daniel Suarez, who has finished in the top 10 in the last two races this season at tracks 1-mile in length or shorter, has an 11.0 average finish (two top 10s) in three starts at ISM.
- Ryan Blaney (defending event pole winner) and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. each have two top 10s in the last five races at ISM.
Notes:Â Monster Energy Cup Series teams will be running a new right-side tire this weekend at ISM…The left-side tire codes are the same ones that have been used at Phoenix since 2016…Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Larson and Paul Menard participated in the Goodyear tire test at ISM last month…This weekend will mark the 15th race since the track was repaved and reconfigured…However, Sunday’s race will be the first with the start/finish line in a new location…The third starting position has produced the most race winners (6) at ISM with Dale Earnhardt Jr. the last to win from that position in this event in 2015…Kevin Harvick won from the 10th starting position in the spring…Defending event winner Matt Kenseth, who did not race in the spring at ISM, will make his 14th start of the season with Roush Fenway Racing – his best finish with the team is 12th at Indianapolis…Hendrick Motorsports is the winningest organization at Phoenix with 10 victories.
Joey Logano is the only driver that has secured a spot in the Championship 4 with his win at Martinsville.Â Kyle Busch (+28), Martin Truex Jr. (+25) and Kevin Harvick (+3) are the drivers above the cutline heading to Phoenix. Playoff Standings
Top 16 Drivers in the Standings at ISM
|Driver||Races||Poles||Wins||Top 5s||Top 10s||DNFs||Average Finish|
|Martin Truex Jr||25||2||0||3||9||3||16.5|
*Best Average Finish at ISM Raceway
|Last # of Races||Driver||Average Finish|
|Two Races||Chase Elliott||2.5|
|Four Races||Kyle Busch||3.5|
|Six Races||Kevin Harvick||3.2|
|Eight Races||Kevin Harvick||2.6|
|Ten Races||Kevin Harvick||2.3|
* – The best average finish is based off a driver entered in the race who has competed in every race during that time span.
Laps Led Leaders at ISM Raceway
|Last # of Races||Driver||Laps Led|
|Two Races||Denny Hamlin||226|
|Four Races||Kyle Busch||242|
|Six Races||Kevin Harvick||320|
|Eight Races||Kevin Harvick||808|
|Ten Races||Kevin Harvick||1,102|
Click Here to view all laps led leaders at ISM Raceway over the past 10 races.
ISM Raceway Loop Data Stat Leaders (2005-2017, 27 Races)
|Average Running Pos.||Laps in Top 15|
|Â 1. Chase Elliott – 6.1||Â 1. Kevin Harvick – 6,953|
|Â 2. Kevin Harvick – 8.5||Â 2. Jimmie Johnson – 6,853|
|Â 3. Jimmie Johnson – 9.2||Â 3. Kyle Busch – 6,778|
|Â 4. Erik Jones – 9.8||Â 4. Kurt Busch – 5,919|
|Â 5. Kyle Busch – 10.4||Â 5. Denny Hamlin – 5,804|
|Fastest Laps Run||Driver Rating|
|Â 1. Kevin Harvick – 838||Â 1. Kevin Harvick – 110.9|
|Â 2. Jimmie Johnson – 712||Â 2. Chase Elliott – 110.3|
|Â 3. Kyle Busch – 431||Â …read more