Sam Hunt Is “Curating” His Own Music Festival Called “The Nashional”
SAM HUNT announced that he’s “curating” and headlining his own music festival. He’s calling it “The Nashional”, which is a play on words between “national” and the city of Nashville, which is where it’s being held on April 20th and 21st.
He’s headlining both nights, and other country acts include Brothers Osborne and Lanco. The rest of the lineup is very eclectic. Some of the names you may recognize are Fetty Wap, Judah & The Lion, LANY, and Chelsea Cutler.
Sam says, quote, “I wanted to create an experience that celebrates music, community and everything they mean to each other and this city.” Tickets go on sale next Friday. You can find out more at TheNashional.com.
Carrie Underwood feels like “The Champion” kicking off Sunday night’s Super Bowl
This Sunday, Carrie Underwood has managed to score one of the most high-profile gigs of them all: she’ll open Super Bowl LII with a new, recorded intro set to her latest release, “The Champion.”
Whether it’s the biggest match-up of them all, or NBC’s usual Sunday night game, Carrie says football is simply in her blood.
“I love being the voice of Sunday Night Football,” she says, “because I grew up watching football from birth! I mean, I’m from Oklahoma. We’re a football state. It’s just a part of the country that everybody has their teams, and we would drive down to Dallas and watch the Cowboys play whenever we could.”
The American Idol winner admits kicking off Sunday’s showdown between the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles is special.
“Being a small part of that is absolutely amazing,” Carrie reflects. “And being a part of the Super Bowl is especially amazing, ’cause that’s just the biggest of the big.”
You can watch for Carrie’s new treatment of “The Champion” Sunday night starting at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
Remember a few days ago when CARRIE UNDERWOOD admitted on Twitter that she got pulled over for speeding? Well, “Inside Edition” got the dashcam video from the Brentwood, Tennessee police department.
Nothing crazy goes down, it’s just interesting to see what happens when a superstar gets pulled over. The officer walks up to the car and asks, “What’s the big hurry?” She answers honestly. Quote, “I wasn’t even paying attention. I know that’s no excuse.”
The video also shows a small glimpse of Carrie in her side view mirror, but that’s about it.
Miranda Opens Up About Her Songs
MIRANDA LAMBERT’s episode of the PBS series “Front and Center”debuts today. Check your local listings for airtimes.
Country Music Extras . . . Quick Links to Additional Stories
1. JUSTIN MOORE has been writing music for his next album, and if you like your country on the traditional side, then listen up. He says, quote, “It’s going to be the ‘countriest’ album that we’ve recorded yet.” No word when it’ll be out.
3. CHARLIE DANIELS had a few things to say on Twitter during and after President Trump’s State of the Union address. There was anger directed at the Democrats in Congress, as well as the FBI. (Rare Country)
4. LEE ANN WOMACK released the video to her song, “All The Trouble“. It’s one of the tracks from her album, “The Lonely, The Lonesome & The Gone”.
5. GWEN SEBASTIAN revealed an interesting fact in an interview with “Rolling Stone“. Quote, “It’s still hard for me to listen to myself. It’s almost like I’m hearing somebody else, it’s like I’m hearing my other personality . . . my twin or whatever.”
6. JASON ALDEAN and his wife Brittany took a ride on a “scooter cooler” during a backstage moment. She posted the video, but didn’t mention if the cooler was filled with beer for Jason, or baby formula for two-month-old Memphis. Maybe it’s both. (Rare Country)
7. RAELYNN released a pop song called “Festival“. It’s part of her relationship with the Too Faced Cosmetics Company. Again, it’s a pop song and not even close to being country.
8. In an interview with “People“, LANCO singer BRANDON LANCASTER opened up about being married to his college sweetheart Tiffany. As you know, she’s the inspiration behind Lanco’s hit “Greatest Love Story”.