DIERKS BENTLEY was at a seminar in Nashville yesterday, when he casually mentioned that he and LUKE BRYAN are NOT hosting this year’s ACMs.
He said it on stage as a photo of them hosting flashed on the screen. He blurted out, quote, “That’s over. We got fired. Is that not common knowledge?” It wasn’t. Word spread quickly, so the ACMs had to confirm it. Although they didn’t say why.
They added that this year’s “host information” will be announced in two or three weeks. Dierks and Luke co-hosted the past two years, and Luke did it with Blake Shelton from 2013 through 2015.
Dierks says he has nothing but good feelings about it all. Quote, “The ACMs have been so good to me.” This year’s ACMs are going down April 15th in Vegas. (Billboard)
In totally different Dierks Bentley news, “Architectural Digest“ talked to him about being a guest designer for a series of Writers’ Rooms in Nashville’s Hutton Hotel. It may sound odd, but Music City is filled with songwriters looking for a place to work.
Each of these Writers’ Rooms is stocked with the essentials . . . from the simple stuff like pens and paper, to musical instruments, and even a full recording studio. The rooms rent for $350 a day, but you can’t stay overnight.
Dierks says, quote, “I wanted to be able to create a vibe that allows writers to step out of their norm and get lost in the space. Hopefully the room takes you somewhere else.”
Lady A Twins!
HILLARY SCOTT posted photos of her identical twin daughters, Betsy Mack and Emory JoAnn. They were born January 29th. (People)
Newlyweds Morgan Evans and Kelsea Ballerini had a memorable weekend getaway in Minneapolis for the Super Bowl, and it allowed Morgan to check something off his bucket list. Being Australian, Evans admits the Super Bowl was the very first NFL game he’d ever attended and he calls it an “incredible, incredible experience.”
“We got invited up by the family that owns Kelsea’s record label and it was a last-minute invite,” Morgan told ABC Radio at Monday’s Country Radio Seminar in Nashville. “And of course, we were like, ‘We’re free those days? Yes! Let’s go!’ It was the ultimate spectacle.”
The biggest highlight for the singers was seeing Justin Timberlake’s Super Bowl halftime show live in person. As Morgan explains, there were several different stage setups that you could would only see if you were there in person.
“We could see like, ‘Woah, they’re going from over there to over there,’ and you see all the people run over and then when he ran into the crowd, everyone went ballistic!” Morgan recalls. “As someone that makes music to connect with people, the idea of playing to that many people is insane, and I don’t even know how many people were watching it…some ridiculous number of millions.”
He adds, “It’s aspiring and inspiring and, I guess, more like respect, too. That guy’s been doing it for a long time and he’s still at the highest level. And the hits that he played span such a long time, as well.” (AUDIO IS ABC 1-ON-1)
The spring, Morgan will be hitting the road with Chris Young and Kane Brown; this week, Kelsea kicks off a headline tour with Walker Hayes as a supporting act.
1. WILLIE NELSON has the flu and is cancelling all of his February dates. His publicist said he’s “under doctors orders” to rest his voice. But other than that he’s moving around and looking “healthy as ever.” This is probably the same thing that caused him to cancel his shows last month. (Rolling Stone)
2. Brett Young, Brett Eldredge, and Brothers Osborne will headline this year’s Windy City Smokeout. Other acts on the bill include Turnpike Troubadours, Ashley McBryde, and Walker Hayes. The Smokeout is going down July 13th through the 15th in Chicago. Find out more at WindyCitySmokeout.com.
3. HILLARY SCOTT posted photos of her identical twin daughters, Betsy Mack and Emory JoAnn. They were born January 29th. (People)
4. EASTON CORBIN is loving how fans at his live shows are reacting to “A Girl Like You”. Quote, “It’s so cool to watch a song as it evolves up the charts because you get more people, as it goes up, they sing along . . . and it’s so rewarding when you can just throw that mic out there and people can sing it back to you.”
5. JASON ALDEAN posted a photo of an obscene-looking snack. He captioned it, “Does this Cheeto make my hand look big? @Cheetos.”
Originally posted on February 6th, 2018