“Spider-Man” Made $117 Million
To no one’s surprise, “Spider-Man: Homecoming” crushed it at the box office, with $117 million in its opening weekend.
It was the third best opening so far this year, behind “Beauty and the Beast”, with $174.8 million . . . and “Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2”, with $146.5 million.
Here’s the Top 10:
1. NEW: “Spider-Man: Homecoming”, $117 million.
2. “Despicable Me 3”, $34 million. Up to $149.2 million in its 2nd week.
3. “Baby Driver”, $12.8 million. Up to $56.9 million in its 2nd week.
4. “Wonder Woman”, $10.1 million. Up to $368.8 million in its 6th week.
5. “Transformers: The Last Knight”, $6.3 million. Up to $118.9 million in its 3rd week.
6. “Cars 3”, $5.6 million. Up to $133.7 million in its 4th week.
7. “The House”, $4.8 million. Up to $18.6 million in its 2nd week.
8. “The Big Sick”, $3.7 million. Up to $6.9 million in its 3rd week.
9. “47 Meters Down”, $2.8 million. Up to $38.5 million in its 4th week.
10. “The Beguiled”, $2.1 million. Up to $7.4 million in its 3rd week.
“Dancing with the Stars” Weddings: Julianne Hough, and Maks and Peta
Three “Dancing with the Stars” pros got married over the weekend . . . two of them to EACH OTHER.
Former dancer-turned-judge JULIANNE HOUGH married NHL star BROOKS LAICH in an outdoor wedding in Idaho. Julianne’s brother Derek was in the wedding party.
Celebrity guests included Nina Dobrev, Aaron Paul, and another “Dancing with the Stars” pro, Mark Ballas.
Meanwhile, PETA MURGATROYD and MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY made it official at a castle on Long Island.
Maks’ brother Val was best man, and the wedding party also included fellow dancers Tony Dovolani and Sharna Burgess . . . along with Rumer Willis. Candace Cameron Bure was also on the guest list.
Maks and Peta have a 6-month-old son named Shai Aleksande.
Ben Affleck Has a New Girlfriend
BEN AFFLECK has a girlfriend. Her name is Lindsay Shookus, and she’s a producer on “Saturday Night Live”. A source told E! News that it’s in the early stages and they’re taking it slow, but it’s, quote, “more than a summer fling.”
There are also rumors that Ben started messing around with Lindsay THREE YEARS AGO, while he was still with JENNIFER GARNER, and she was married, too . . . and this is what ended both marriages.
But other sources say that while they’ve been FRIENDS for years, they only started dating three months ago, after they were both separated.
And it sounds like Jennifer is fine with it, because she knew about it when she and Ben took the kids on vacation to the Caribbean over the 4th of July.
A couple interesting facts about Lindsay: She helped discover KRISTEN WIIG . . . and her first show working for “SNL” was hosted by Ben’s buddy MATT DAMON.