A scary moment occurred Sunday night when Tim McGraw collapsed onstage in the middle of his performance at the C2C: Country to Country Festival in Dublin, Ireland.
According to Rolling Stone, the country music superstar just got done performing his hit song “Humble & Kind” when he dropped to his knees and took a seat on the stage.
Medical staff treated McGraw backstage, and his wife, Faith Hill, came out to address the crowd, saying, “He’s been super dehydrated. I apologize, but I made the decision that he cannot come back out onstage.”
McGraw and Hill have been touring together as part of their Soul2Soul trek.
A statement from McGraw’s publicist reads, “Tim McGraw was suffering from dehydration in Dublin this evening at the C2C show. He was attended to by local medical staff on-site and will be fine. He and Faith thank everyone for their love and support and look forward to seeing their Irish fans again soon.”
McGraw will have several weeks to rest up, as his next scheduled show is a Richmond, Virginia, gig on May 31, when the Soul2Soul tour resumes its North American run.
Cole Swindell Took a Heart-Stopping Ride in Ryan Blaney’s #12 Car
COLE SWINDELL took a few heart-stopping laps with Ryan Blaney in his #12 car last week at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. They were promoting Cole’s upcoming show at the Monster Energy All-Star Race on May 19th.
They’re good friends, and boy does it help knowing a buddy is behind the wheel when you’re going close to 200 miles an hour. Cole loved it, even though he looked a little spooked when it was over.
He said, quote, “I thought we were gone, dude. Turn four? I wanna just kiss these tires.” (Here’s the video.)
He also told the “Charlotte Observer“ that hescreamed a couple of times.
Quote, “We kept going faster and faster. I don’t know if [Ryan] was joking or not, but he said he about hit the wall in [turn] one or two at some point. I’m glad he didn’t do that.”
Country Music Extras . . . Quick Links to Additional Stories
1. TIM MCGRAW collapsed on stage during a concert in Ireland yesterday. His wife reassured the crowd that he’s fine and it was just dehydration. (Full Story)
2. CHARLIE WORSHAM got engaged over the weekend to his girlfriend, Kristen Anne Korzenowski. He shared the good news on Instagram . . . saying “The Good Lord has blessed me so much in this life, but never more than when He put this amazing woman in it. She’s made every day sweeter.”
3. JASON ALDEAN went all-in on his daughter Kendyl’s ’80s-themed father-daughter dance over the weekend. He’s wearing a “Thriller” T-shirt, some awesome vinyl pants . . . and is the bandana a tribute to Axl Rose? Kendyl went with a classic Madonna look and she totally pulled it off. (Taste of Country)
4. ASHLEY MONROE filmed her “Paying Attention“ video inside the historic RCA Studio A in Nashville. It’s one of the tracks on her album “Sparrow”, which is out April 20th.
5. MAREN MORRIS posted a sexy photo of herself straddling her fiancé Ryan Hurd. The caption is surely a clue about their upcoming wedding. She wrote, “Three weeks,” and then inserted a couple of diamond ring emojis along with the hashtag “#TBT.”